Replication choose a storage !

pmickael

Jul 27, 2018
Hello,

It's seem that is not possible to choose a storage with the replication process, it's really a problem for me.

There is any plan to implement this function, or maybe I miss something ?

Regards,
Mickael

Hi,

Why is this a problem for you?
For example, I have 2 server with RAID SSD + RAID HD, I would like to use SSD for live machine, and replicate on the opposite server on HD, I can trick this, by renaming storage, in the invert on one of the servers, but this case is a simple one, I would like to be able to choose where do the replication will be store on.

Other example, node1 with 1 storage 2To, and second with 2 storage of 1To, I would like to be able to choose on which one It will be replicate.

Well, If I have some free time to in near future, maybe, do you have a feature requests panel/service which list all new features needed/in progress ?

You can open a feature request on
bugzilla.proxmox.com

Possibly this is an option. Previously I used two 146GB disks in raid1 (not ZFS) for operating system created during the installation and then manually configured a ZFS partition in ZRAID using two 1TB disks and created the ZFS pool according to the documentation in Proxmox 5.1, then created a ZFS storage assigned to this pool for virtuals and for replication.
See Proxmox documentation 5.1

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!