Features question

Sean McKee

Jun 30, 2018
I have 2 requirements that our spam filter must be able to do. Does anyone here know if these features are supported?
1. Add email addresses to the personal whitelist automatically when you send an email to that email address. eg. if I send an email to joe@gmail.com then joe@gmail.com is added to MY whitelist.

2. A way for users to mark spam that makes it to their inbox as spam and ham that gets caught it the spam filter and ham. Basically for them to feed the bayes database.

Thank you anyone that can help. We are looking for a new spam filtering system and "The Bosses" have to have these 2 features.

1. no idea, would need some coding
2. see my advancing thread, you could let them use a spam and ham folder, would require imap, and can learn that to PMG. Alternative you can let them send the spam and ham as attachment to spam and ham mailboxes and try to learn them, however, I‘m still working on a solution to automatic calling this mailboxes, extract attachments and learn them as spam and ham.

1. no idea, would need some coding
2. see my advancing thread, you could let them use a spam and ham folder, would require imap, and can learn that to PMG. Alternative you can let them send the spam and ham as attachment to spam and ham mailboxes and try to learn them, however, I‘m still working on a solution to automatic calling this mailboxes, extract attachments and learn them as spam and ham.

1. Where is your advanced thread?
2. Forwarding to a "spam' and "ham" email address would be fine.
3. What about the autowhitelist of emailed users? That is the real deal breaker.

1. https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/a...ay-especially-spam-and-virus-detection.44152/
2. you must train your stuff then to send the spam mails as attachment or the raw (but last one is much more complicated to train) and then extract them and learn them
3. that would require coding, I have no solution therefor, however, I know that proxmox has an API, so you would require to check the logs or invoke on outgoing mails, e.g. via sieve on the sending mail server a script, which then adds the users to proxmox whitelist. which solution currently perform something similar?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!