Remote Spice access without using web manager (ON Windows)

Sgt_Wirehead

Jun 10, 2018
Is it possible to access the Spice Console for a specific VM without going through the web manager?

We're interested in using proxmox as a Linux desktop server and being able to set up a short cut that launched remote-viewer to directly open a vm console on Windows.

How do i use bash scripts on windows 10?

I am after desktop shortcuts on windows 10 directly to a VM that's running Linux the opposite of what trying to be achieve in that thread i beleave.

Have you read the posting i linked to? i think not. The Posting i linked to gives you a hint to github: https://github.com/kalsan/proxmox-client
And that is a java Client. Im using it under windows10 and can doubleclick a Shortcut to Spice connect to a proxmox VM.

ah ok i did only skim over a couple of posts so have missed it. thanks i will have a better read and give it a try.

after having a read and a play with the jar file 'target' with the below its not working for me :(

C:\Users\Games\Desktop\proxmox-client-master\out\artifacts\proxmox_client_jar\proxmox-client.jar -h 192.168.1.180 -p 8006 -u accounts-01 -s Password -r pve -c \Program Files\VirtViewer v7.0-256\bin\remote-viewer.exe -n nodename -v 2001

Do you have an example for me please :)

Last edited:
after having a read and a play with the jar file 'target' with the below its not working for me :(

C:\Users\Games\Desktop\proxmox-client-master\out\artifacts\proxmox_client_jar\proxmox-client.jar -h 192.168.1.180 -p 8006 -u accounts-01 -s Password -r pve -c \Program Files\VirtViewer v7.0-256\bin\remote-viewer.exe -n nodename -v 2001

Do you have an example for me please :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!