Where is Images?

Nov 13, 2017
show-image.php

Need to migrate from Proxmox to Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 (very low performance on PVE on my old Xeon e5430 servers), so i need comvert .raw into .vhd, but i was unable to find, WHERE IS my disk image?
show-image.php
[/URL][/IMG]

i have three storages on my single:
- one is for backup (Windows 2008 server with NFS) mounted at /mnt/pve/d1
- second is local mounted at /var/lib/vz
- the third is local-lvm with no mount point, so i can't download .raw file via SSH (WinSCP)

Where is or how i can get my vm-100-disk-1.raw? Move on "d1" storage is a bad idea - storage is ~300 gb but image is ~800 gb

local-lvm is a lvmthin storage, which means it is not a mounted filesystem but a collection of (virtual) block devices

you can see the status of them with 'lvs'
and the path in /dev with
pvesm path <VOLUMEID>

where the volumeid is <storageid>:<diskname>

e.g.

pvesm path local-lvm:vm-100-disk-1

- the third is local-lvm with no mount point, so i can't download .raw file via SSH (WinSCP)
It is a "logical partition" (blocks) on your disk(s). Best do a backup onto a different storage (enough space available) and unpack the image from the backup.

Reactions: MythOfTheLight
Best on linux, as with the vma tool the extraction of the archive is easier. You can create a cifs storage and work with on that.

Reactions: MythOfTheLight
Answer is not so simply:
1. made from a PC temporaly "server" with Server 2008 r2 with 2tb storage.
2. Make NFS storage
3. Create a backup on this storage (uncompressed)
4. vma extract vzdump-qemu-100-2018_05_18-14_52_18.vma ./extract

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!