OMV - pci passthrough

Code:
mpt2sas_cm0: fault_state(0x2622) !

Still having the same issue omitting or not. I've followed this tutorial as well to make sure I didn't miss anything
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/proxmox-ve-4-2-pci-passthrough-lsi-3008-mpt3sas.29577/

What I don't get is how LSPCI -K gives me the mpt3sas module, but the error I see is mpt2sas (above).

Have you installed OMV in UEFI mode?

Code:
 bios: ovmf

You need to install first Debian in UEFI mode and then add OMV repo. There is a guide in OMV forum, but I am not allowed to post links yet.

I've been battling with the same errors, trying to passthrough my onboard LSI SAS2116 Non-RAID HBA with 6 x IronWolf Pro 6TB connected.
reading the ProxMox VE passthrough docs and all possible stuff on the forum, no luck.

until ....
I've found the following page : https://www.linux-kvm.org/page/How_to_assign_devices_with_VT-d_in_KVM
and specifically the section 4:

4. Unbind the device from the host kernel driver (Example: PCI device 01:00.0)
  • Load the PCI Stub Driver if it is compiled as a module
modprobe pci_stub
lspci -n
  • Locate the entry for device 01:00.0 and note the vendor and device ID (8086:10b9 in this example)
01:00.0 0200: 8086:10b9 (rev 06)
  • Place this information in the following files:
echo "8086 10b9" > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/pci-stub/new_id
echo "0000:01:00.0" > /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:01:00.0/driver/unbind
echo "0000:01:00.0" > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/pci-stub/bind

I tried this on my machine (changing the id's and pcie locations to my settings), and finally was able to create a ZFS pool within the VM.
I still need to see if this is 'reboot' safe and all, but so far it looks more promising then before. ..

I wish I had the time to figure it out, but needed the server up and running. Ended up bouncing from proxmox to esxi and eventually landed on direct unraid install using docker for apps with a drobo/mac mini for rsync backups.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!