Error when try to restore a LXC container backup with "pct restore".

ramses

Dec 2, 2013
Hi everyone,
I have installed PROXMOX PVE 4.4.1
I have created some LXC Containers and It's works well. I can create Backups of the LXC Containers without problems and restore it over the same LXC Container ID from Web Administration page of PROXMOX.
Now, I would like restore a Backup to create a new LXC Container form console, but it give me a error and I can´t create it.
From console I want créate the LXC Container 120 from a Backup:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
root@proxmox:/vz/dump# pct restore 120 vzdump-lxc-100-2017_03_24-19_48_37.tar.gz
400 Parameter verification failed.
storage: storage 'local' does not support container directories
pct restore <vmid> <ostemplate> [OPTIONS]
root@proxmox:/vz/dump#
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anybody tell me what I are doing wrong?
Can't I do this?

Regards,
Ramses

Your storage does not support containers. Either enable containers on storage 'local', or select another storage.
Dietmar, very thanks by your answer.

How can I select another storage in the pct restore command to restore the backup and create the new LXC Container on the local-lvm storage?

Regards,

Ramses

How can I select another storage in the pct restore command to restore the backup and create the new LXC Container on the local-lvm storage?

There is a parameter named 'storage' - see "man pct" (Restoring Container Backups)

Reactions: Psilospiral

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!