Proxmox HA - Quorum

lydia

Nov 28, 2016
France
Hello everyone,

My version Proxmox:
proxmox-ve: 4.2-48 (running kernel: 4.4.6-1-pve)
pve-manager: 4.2-2 (running version: 4.2-2/725d76f0)
pve-kernel-4.4.6-1-pve: 4.4.6-48
lvm2: 2.02.116-pve2
corosync-pve: 2.3.5-2
libqb0: 1.0-1
pve-cluster: 4.0-39
qemu-server: 4.0-72
pve-firmware: 1.1-8
libpve-common-perl: 4.0-59
libpve-access-control: 4.0-16
libpve-storage-perl: 4.0-50
pve-libspice-server1: 0.12.5-2
vncterm: 1.2-1
pve-qemu-kvm: 2.5-14
pve-container: 1.0-62
pve-firewall: 2.0-25
pve-ha-manager: 1.0-28
ksm-control-daemon: 1.2-1
glusterfs-client: 3.5.2-2+deb8u2
lxc-pve: 1.1.5-7
lxcfs: 2.0.0-pve2
cgmanager: 0.39-pve1
criu: 1.6.0-1
zfsutils: 0.6.5-pve9~jessie

I installed 2 hypervisors in proxmox. In order to set up HA, I read in all the forums and on the web that it was necessary to put a quorum in addition.
Apparently with corosync it is no longer necessary to create a quorum in version 4. So, What is the procedure?What replaces it?

Thanks a lot for all reply.

If you run HA, only high end server hardware with no single point of failure should be used. This includes redundant disks (Hardware Raid), redundant power supply, UPS systems, network bonding.

Fencing device(s) - reliable and TESTED! NOTE: this is NEEDED, there isn't software fencing.
Fully configured Proxmox_VE_2.0_Cluster (version 2.0 and later), with at least 3 nodes (maximum supported configuration: currently 16 nodes per cluster). Note that, with certain limitations, 2-node configuration is also possible (Two-Node High Availability Cluster).
Shared storage (SAN or NAS/NFS for Virtual Disk Image Store for HA KVM)
Reliable, redundant network, suitable configured
A extra network for Cluster communication, one network for VM traffic and one network for Storage traffic.
NFS for Containers

Reactions: lydia
Hello kaufenpreis,

Thank you very much for all additional information.
Indeed, I m setting up 3 nodes. I saw the functionnality of "fencing". I don't use it, because I am testing this platform in comparison to Vmware with the same functionality.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!