Remote viewer

Joseph Chrzempiec

Jun 9, 2016
Hello i know this been asked so many times. But Sense I'm still a noob to proxmox still. I'm trying to do remote viewer. So i can remote in when I'm not home at my desktop. I just want to remote into the vm only not the whole console. Can someone please help me out? Thank you

Joseph

Are you trying to remote into Windows VM? Then Microsoft Remote Desktop works excellent.

Hello symmcom. I have 2 linux vm one is ubuntu and one is centos. the centos i let my friend use i would like to be able to set him up so he can remote in and restart or view it anything really he needs to do. on mine i would like to do the same thing. But i think later on i will set some stuff up as well for family and friends.

Hello Joseph,

have you considered just to set-up a vnc-server on each box and protect the access to the vnc-servers by the proxmox firewall?

With best regards,

Andreas

Hello Joseph,

have you considered just to set-up a vnc-server on each box and protect the access to the vnc-servers by the proxmox firewall?

With best regards,

Andreas

Hello Paderepiktet actually no i haven't that is a idea there. Problem is one of them there is no desktop it s a server the ubuntu has a desktop so that would be perfect. But that is a great idea thank you.

Hello Joseph, if the box is just a head-less server what is the benefit of a graphical remote viewer? Why do you not use simple ssh via for example putty (for Windows) or the normal ssh client (for Linux)? With best regards, Andreas

Hello Joseph, if the box is just a head-less server what is the benefit of a graphical remote viewer? Why do you not use simple ssh via for example putty (for Windows) or the normal ssh client (for Linux)? With best regards, Andreas

For the desktop one yes the remote desktop is needed but for the server one can not do didn't even think about ssh remotely only was using it locally.

Is it possible to give them access to that popup Vm console window and nothing else?

When i try to give them access they get a Error 401: No ticket??

Last edited:
Just to clarify my point. The pattern would be that you are the master of Proxmox who provides (and ultimately destroy) the boxes b1, ... , bn. You would provide each of your partners one box bi. And they directly access that box bi without even knowing from Proxmox. And accessing a box in the cloud or in a local network or even locally on one host (by ssh, VNC etc,) is quite a standard problem ...

Last edited:
Hello i know this is a old Post and I haven't been around to do much work on the proxmox. dealing with family and dad having cancer. But I'm at it once again. Back then I was trying to give someone a VM view only. So I'm still trying to give them access to there remote access to that vm only and nothing else. But i haven't figure that out yet.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!