pve.volid = local:101/vm-101-rootfs.raw
lxc.network.type = veth
pve.network.bridge = vmbr0
pve.network.gw = 192.168.2.1
lxc.network.hwaddr = 26:AC:97:70:05:D5
pve.network.ip = 192.168.2.80/24
lxc.network.name = eth0
lxc.network.veth.pair = veth101.0

Problem solved - I removed the forward slash from the container mount point, e.g.

lxc.mount.entry = /data/nas data none bind,create=dir 0 0

Thanks to everyone who looked.

Problem solved - I removed the forward slash from the container mount point, e.g.

lxc.mount.entry = /data/nas data none bind,create=dir 0 0

Thanks to everyone who looked.

Thanks, I was dealing with this for 2 hours until I saw your post to remove slash.

Hi.
Can anybody help to mount more than one host directory into lxc container?
I've installed last Proxmox VE 4.0 beta2.
When i trying to add more than one entry (one of):
mp0: /fldr1,mp=/hostfldr1
mp1: /fldr2,mp=/hostfldr2
or
lxc.mount.entry /hostfldr1 fldr1 none bind,create=dir
lxc.mount.entry /hostfldr2 fldr2 none bind,create=dir
I just got first of configured mounts accessible in LXC container.

I've also checked with lxc.mount.hook that two directories mounted to $LXC_ROOTFS_MOUNT before root_pivot:
/dev/mapper/sata-root on /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lxc/rootfs/fldr1 type ext4 (rw,relatime,stripe=256,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/sata-root on /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lxc/rootfs/fldr2 type ext4 (rw,relatime,stripe=256,data=ordered)

Is it possible to mount two host folders to container?

All I can say is that it works for me:

Inside the container:

Code:
sigxcpu@Library:~$ mount | grep data
storage/library on /data/library type zfs (rw,noatime,xattr,noacl)
raid0/torrents on /data/torrents type zfs (rw,noatime,xattr,noacl)

In the config file:

Code:
root@gen8:~# grep data /etc/pve/lxc/100.conf
mp0: /storage/library,mp=/data/library
mp1: /raid0/torrents,mp=/data/torrents

I think you've reversed host folder and mountpoint in container .conf file.

Also note that if you use lxc.mount.entry instead of mp* you need to prefix the destination folder with /var/lib/lxc/$VMID/rootfs (obviously replace $VMID with the container's ID)

multiple shared directories from host to lxc work here..
conf:
Code:
lxc.mount.entry: /bkup  bkup  none bind 0 0
lxc.mount.entry: /tmp   tmp2  none bind 0 0

df -h in ct:
Code:
/dev/dm-0     ext4     95G   11G   79G  13% /bkup
/dev/dm-0     ext4     95G   11G   79G  13% /tmp2

it is strange that device is same for both: /dev/dm-0

however the target directories are correct. the files in each are same as /tmp and /bkup on host

using:
proxmox-ve: 4.0-10 (running kernel: 4.2.0-1-pve)
lxc-pve: 1.1.3-1

debian etch is run in the lxc .

Last edited:
Oh, really, I'm looking stupid :)

I've checked with df -h, and it shows only one shared mount.
But when I tried "mount | grep dm-0", I seen all my mounts.
Thanks!

Hoping someone can help me out. I had mount points successfully configured but it seems a recent update has broken something. My previous lxc.mount.entry line looked like:

Code:
lxc.mount.entry = /host/mount /etc/pve/lxc/209/rootfs/container/mount none bind 0

(/host/mount and /container/mount are the directory locations, such as /mnt/storage) but this fails to mount now. Upon doing some research i've updated it so that it now looks like

Code:
lxc.mount.entry = /host/mount container/mount none bind 0 0
but i'm still not getting it to mount. Even though the directory already exists, i tried it with the create=dir flag but still nothing.

On boot there are a number of error messages that seem to relate to LXC mounting

Code:
proxmox kernel: audit: type=1400 audit(1443359239.649:32): apparmor="DENIED" operation="mount" info="failed flags match" error=-13 profile="lxc-container-default" name="/" pid=10423 comm="mount" flags="rw, remount"
proxmox kernel: audit: type=1400 audit(1443359239.649:33): apparmor="DENIED" operation="mount" info="failed flags match" error=-13 profile="lxc-container-default" name="/" pid=10424 comm="mount" flags="rw, remount, relatime"
proxmox kernel: audit: type=1400 audit(1443359239.769:34): apparmor="DENIED" operation="mount" info="failed flags match" error=-13 profile="lxc-container-default" name="/run/" pid=10645 comm="mount" flags="rw, nosuid, noexec, remount, relatime"
proxmox kernel: audit: type=1400 audit(1443359239.777:35): apparmor="DENIED" operation="mount" info="failed flags match" error=-13 profile="lxc-container-default" name="/run/lock/" pid=10662 comm="mount" flags="rw, nosuid, nodev, noexec, remount, relatime"
proxmox kernel: audit: type=1400 audit(1443359239.785:36): apparmor="DENIED" operation="mount" info="failed flags match" error=-13 profile="lxc-container-default" name="/proc/" pid=10672 comm="mount" flags="rw, nosuid, nodev, noexec, remount, relatime"
proxmox kernel: audit: type=1400 audit(1443359239.789:37): apparmor="DENIED" operation="mount" info="failed flags match" error=-13 profile="lxc-container-default" name="/sys/" pid=10683 comm="mount" flags="ro, nosuid, nodev, noexec, remount, relatime"
proxmox kernel: audit: type=1400 audit(1443359239.861:38): apparmor="DENIED" operation="mount" info="failed flags match" error=-13 profile="lxc-container-default" name="/run/shm/" pid=10847 comm="mount" flags="rw, nosuid, nodev, noexec, remount, relatime"
proxmox kernel: audit: type=1400 audit(1443359239.869:39): apparmor="DENIED" operation="mount" info="failed flags match" error=-13 profile="lxc-container-default" name="/dev/pts/" pid=10858 comm="mount" flags="rw, nosuid, noexec, remount, relatime"

One suggestion i found while googling (cannot post link) involved adding

Code:
mount options=(rw, bind),

to /etc/apparmor.d/lxc/lxc-default. It didn't seem to fix anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Yes we moved to a more standard way of mounting the rootfs, replace /etc/pve/lxc/209/rootfs/ with /var/lib/lxc/209/rootfs/.
Alternatively there's now also a mountpoint option: mp0: /host/mount,mp=/container/mount

Worked it out. Saw this in the 4.0 beta2 release thread:

The config file /etc/pve/lxc/XXX/config is converted to /etc/pve/lxc/XXX.conf but the "lxc.mount.entry" lines don't reach the new config.
I was editing hte config file, not the .conf. All sorted now.

Yes we moved to a more standard way of mounting the rootfs, replace /etc/pve/lxc/209/rootfs/ with /var/lib/lxc/209/rootfs/.
Alternatively there's now also a mountpoint option: mp0: /host/mount,mp=/container/mount

Is there any preference to which should be used?

I'm seeing my mount points drop for no reason I can discern.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!