WiFi configuration in Proxmox VE 8.1

Hi,

have you already checked out our wiki page for WiFi?

Please read the whole page carefully. WiFi has a lot of drawbacks in server settings, and you most likely need to configure NAT for your guests as well.

Hi,

have you already checked out our wiki page for WiFi?

Please read the whole page carefully. WiFi has a lot of drawbacks in server settings, and you most likely need to configure NAT for your guests as well.
Hello,
Thank you for your help. I am not familiar with the subject. Is it possible to send the appropriate link/message with step-by-step instructions?
Thank you in advance for your help
Regards

Step 1 would be to not use Wifi in the first place and use a ethernet NIC cabled to your router. If that is not an option get a powerline adapter and connect your ethernet NIC and router to it so you can send ethernet packets over your existing powerline. If that is not an option you can think about using wifi as the last resort.

Last edited:
Reactions: wojti
In addition to what Dunuin said, aka. only use WiFi if you really must, as it will cause you headaches sooner or later:

I am not familiar with the subject. Is it possible to send the appropriate link/message with step-by-step instructions?
Have you followed the link I posted and read the page?
There are then also further links to step-by-step instructions how to actually set it up, e.g. by Debian.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!