var/lib/vz/images/100/ null

aleilia

Jun 18, 2023
Hi i m new of proxmox and sorry if i ask this question.I have an image .vdmk,I use this guide to import the image but after mount the usb and after create an vm 100 go to the folder var/lib/vz/images/100/ the dirextory is empty.
the point is this

1687061590887.png

why cant find the image?

tks a lot

Hi,
the local-lvm storage is an LVM-thin storage, so you can't interact with it like a normal file system. You can use the command pvesm list local-lvm or directly lvs to list the images.

tks but i have to do import of file .vdmk and the gui of proxmox i must convert the file in the directory how can i do ?

To import a disk to local-lvm, you can use e.g. qm set <VMID> --scsi0 local-lvm:0,import-from=/path/to/your/image.vmdk (replacing VMID and scsi0 as needed of course).

Greetings. I think I'm following the same guide for migrations for as the op and I have a similar question. My conversion fails because none of my VMIDs are found under /images though I've already created the target VM for the conversion. Where are the images, and under what circumstances are they not found under /images? Thank you

qemu-img convert -f vmdk /mnt/usb/hostname.domain.local/hostname.domain.local.vmdk -O qcow2 /var/lib/vz/images/103/hostname.domain.local.qcow2

According to the admin interface, my VM disks are on local-zfs. I do see block device /dev/zd16 (symlinked from /dev/zvol/rpool/data/vm-103-disk-0), but I'm not sure how to apply the conversion to it. Should this work?

qm set 103 --ide0 local-zfs:0,import-from=/mnt/usb/hostname.domain.local/hostname.domain.local.vmdk

Last edited:
Greetings. I think I'm following the same guide for migrations for as the op and I have a similar question. My conversion fails because none of my VMIDs are found under /images though I've already created the target VM for the conversion. Where are the images, and under what circumstances are they not found under /images? Thank you
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/c...on-zfs-qemu-img-wont-work.143342/#post-643939

qemu-img convert -f vmdk /mnt/usb/hostname.domain.local/hostname.domain.local.vmdk -O qcow2 /var/lib/vz/images/103/hostname.domain.local.qcow2
Did you get an error when you ran this? If/when it completes, you will need to rename the resulting file to match expected naming nomenclature:
vm-[id]-disk-[index-number].qcow2
I'm not sure how to apply the conversion to it. Should this work?

qm set 103 --ide0 local-zfs:0,import-from=/mnt/usb/hostname.domain.local/hostname.domain.local.vmdk
It should, did you try it?

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!