Server 2008 freezing

Would someone be kind to explain me the nessesary steps to install these drivers and make this installation of an ISO image of Win2k8 64 work? Also which file, is it i need excatly and how during installation i guess?

thank you very much

I am also interested in that, I never found out how to install the above drivers to a running w28k server.

there is nothing special here, just install as any other drivers. in 64-bit windows 2008/r2 only signed drivers can be used and therefore unsigned virtio cannot be loaded. but these newer ones are signed and working great, just do it.

There are many ways in which you can install drivers i believe, Tom. Would you mind letting us know the excatly procedure ? :) just for the noobs

I dont know if this is relevant info but i noticed with my proxmox host, that if I have windows 7 installed as KVM on same default disk, default setup IDE/RAW realtek bridged etc. and then install windows 2008r2 then the last one halts at boot

I tried it the other way around then I was able to install win2k8 but the windows 7 halts at boot

Last edited by a moderator:
  • mount the iso so you have the files accessible inside your windows guest (for basic operations, watch the videos http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Category:Video_Tutorials)
  • inside windows, go to the device manager and point the update driver wizard to the right driver dir on this cd

note: win7 and win2008r2 can use the same drivers

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!