Problems with Proxmox 8.1.4 and creating snapshots

Same issue here as well.

I'm running the following:
pve-manager/8.1.4/ec5affc9e41f1d79
Linux 6.5.13-1-pve (2024-02-05T13:50Z)

I installed all available updates for the non subscription repository, however I don't see the version you mentioned. How do I get 8.1.5-2?

Hi,
Same issue here as well.

I'm running the following:
pve-manager/8.1.4/ec5affc9e41f1d79
Linux 6.5.13-1-pve (2024-02-05T13:50Z)

I installed all available updates for the non subscription repository, however I don't see the version you mentioned. How do I get 8.1.5-2?
The relevant package is pve-qemu-kvm and versions >= 8.1.5-2 do include the fix. Note that a guest needs to be shutdown+started, Reboot via UI (in-guest reboot is not enough!) or migrated to an update node to pick up the new version of QEMU. If you still experience issues and are already running a new enough version, it's something else. Please open a new thread and provide more information like guest configuration, storages used, snapshot task log, etc.

After updating, I received "8.2.5-3" of the pve-qemu-kvm package, the backups ran without issue last night.

Thanks for your help!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!