apmuthu

Renowned Member
Feb 26, 2009
Chennai - India & Singapore
github.com
After a complete install of 7.2-1 from a USB drive and
Code:
apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade
on a new 610 mainboard and 12th gen i3 CPU 12100 and a normal HDD of 2TB using the pve-no-subscription repo, the update process generated a lot of ATA errors but the install proceeded normally. At each time I had to execute:
Code:
rm -rf /var/log/journal/*
to be able to continue error free. The current updated version is PVE 7.2-11.

Code:
CPU(s)  8 x 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-12100 (1 Socket)
Kernel Version Linux 5.15.53-1-pve #1 SMP PVE 5.15.53-1 (Fri, 26 Aug 2022 16:53:52 +0200)
PVE Manager Version pve-manager/7.2-11/b76d3178

Furthermore, grub* packages that were initially from the pve repo have now been updated in the debian repo and follow the latter on update. This results in the OS PROBER line that is missing - is it necessary in the PVE-7.2-x anymore?
Code:
# Disable os-prober, it might add menu entries for each guest
GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=true

Does this thread still hold good on PVE-7x? Notes

Last edited:
Does this thread still hold good
The thread is from last week - so yes -it's still recommended to keep os-prober deactivated!

the update process generated a lot of ATA errors but the install proceeded normally.
I would still keep an eye on those - it might be a broken disk - or a firmware issue
ATA errors are nothing that happens in a healthy system in general!

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!