Can not boot to os after upgrade proxmox 4

kuwang

Jul 10, 2016
Hi,

After run

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

the proxmox stop running. I've tried hard reboot but still getting the same error as screenshot bellow:

dTr8NS7.jpg

This is a live production.
Any help will be appreciated!!

Thank you

can you boot an older kernel?

Hi I change to boot from pve3 and able to use my usb keyboard.

now I got another issue. I can not change any file in the /mnt

chroot /mnt

then I can not connect to the internet => try to nano /etc/network/interfaces

but it said that is a read only file system

I think /mnt is my usb boot disk just mounted in.

Now I fdisk -l I can see all my 8 disks there but don't know how to find the zfs pool again

chroot to /mnt
then zpool import (or any zpool cmd) return unable to open /dev/zfs: no such file or directory
verify the zfs module...

After run

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

the proxmox stop running.
Run pveupdate and pveupgrade. And normaly you can't run in such issue.

For Liveboot with ZFS i build an USBstick (installed PVE with ZFS). I confgured to use DHCP. I don't know the new recoverymode from disk. But with USBstick and installed PVE you can repair every Installation.

Hi,

After run

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

the proxmox stop running. I've tried hard reboot but still getting the same error as screenshot bellow:

dTr8NS7.jpg

This is a live production.
Any help will be appreciated!!

Thank you
I have the same problem after upgrading from pve-manager/4.2-17/e1400248 to pve-manager/4.2-23/d94f9458. The system stop here:
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.4-15-1-pve

I used pveupdate and pveupgrade as root from console.

I managed to start from an old kernel and after "dpkg --configure -a" and again "pveupgrade", the system is up and running

please never use "apt-get upgrade", this is not going to work.

the correct way:

> apt-get update
> apt-get dist-upgrade

Can you clarify what you mean, is it PVE installed on a USB stick, or a special recovery image burned to a USB stick?

Run pveupdate and pveupgrade. And normaly you can't run in such issue.

For Liveboot with ZFS i build an USBstick (installed PVE with ZFS). I confgured to use DHCP. I don't know the new recoverymode from disk. But with USBstick and installed PVE you can repair every Installation.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!