DEBUG Mode no Inputs possible

MasterTH

Renowned Member
Jun 12, 2009
www.sonog.de
Hi,

i'm trying to boot the debug mode of the installer to fix a grub-error message with a zfs-root partition. But i cannot type anything.
i tested it with two different type of inputs and two different mainboards.

Input Type 1: Intel AMT/KVM
Input Type 2: USB-Keyboard

Mainboard 1: ASUS CS-B
Mainboard 2: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H

With PS2-Keyboard it works.
is this a known bug? How can a workaround be? The most KVM-over-IP devices already got USB-Connectors.

Kind regards

edit:
in the installer without debug mode usb keyboard is working well.
is the console also available within the normal installer?

Hi,

i'm trying to boot the debug mode of the installer to fix a grub-error message with a zfs-root partition. But i cannot type anything.
i tested it with two different type of inputs and two different mainboards.

Input Type 1: Intel AMT/KVM
Input Type 2: USB-Keyboard

Mainboard 1: ASUS CS-B
Mainboard 2: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H

With PS2-Keyboard it works.
is this a known bug? How can a workaround be? The most KVM-over-IP devices already got USB-Connectors.

Kind regards

edit:
in the installer without debug mode usb keyboard is working well.
is the console also available within the normal installer?
Does this give any output? lsmod |grep usbhid

your funny ;)
when the usb keyboard is connected i cannot type in anything.

when the ps2-keyboard is plugged in, the numlock state of the usb-keyboard is the same as the ps2 (is switching on and of as i do it on the ps2)

dmesg not tested.

yes. i did not check the dmesg output.
and i didn't test if the inputs from usb-keyboard are accepted when ps2 is connected

Last edited:
any one found the solution for usb keyboard? I can not type anything with usb keyboard in the debug mode and also my server does not have any ps2 connector port.

So how can I workaround with it?

any one found the solution for usb keyboard? I can not type anything with usb keyboard in the debug mode and also my server does not have any ps2 connector port.

So how can I workaround with it?
Is Legacy USB and/or USB2 activated in your BIOS?
Is your keyboard attached to a USB2 or USB3 port?

Hi Mir,

legacy usb is activated in the bios
I belive that I use the USB2 because it in black color (USB3 in blue I think)

USB config in the BIOS
IMG_0461.jpg

Hi,
Just update my solution:
select install -> after boot to install screen Ctrl + Atl + F1 to go to tty1 -> Ctrl + C to enter the command mode => Now I can use my usb keyboard because in the install mode it load the correct any much more useful driver I think.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!