Adding multiple IP's

MartinPorter

May 20, 2023
HI all,
Can anyone tell me or point me in the right direction to adding multiple Ip's into an VM - What I'm trying to do is setup a VM Plesk server using AlmaLinux for the os
the server is from OVH with 5 extra IP's. To use the extra IP's in OVH you have to assign each one with a Virtual MAC address which is fine when you come to setup in VM, just edit the Network Device with the one of the extra IP's Mac and bingo it's working on that IP. Now since the goal is to run PLESK I need to add more IP's onto the system.

I have tried everything from adding more nics - to modifying the network-scripts - One IP your fine not a problem add extra IP's and it's hair pulling time.
thanks for reading and hopefully someone can help me out.

regards
Martin.

thanks for the links :) and yep, it seems I have posted this in the wrong room! (my apologies to everyone) if there any mods around could you please move this question to the correct room. thanks, and thanks again for the help.

thanks for the links :) and yep, it seems I have posted this in the wrong room! (my apologies to everyone) if there any mods around could you please move this question to the correct room. thanks, and thanks again for the help.
Hi Martin.
Did you solve this?
I have same problem. I have one VM with WHM and i need add extra ips.
Some clients sites have static ip.
I try add multiple nics, any nic with specific OVH mac address.
I configure nic in VM and they show in WHM, but when i change site IP to this extra ip i cant access site.
Any idea please?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!