Zotac ci327 nano - how to install Proxmox (UEFI, Legacy, Secure boot,...)? Lot of issues and not working

AcSpo

Feb 21, 2023
Hi,

I do have an old machine (Zotac ci327 nano) and want to install Proxmox on it.

So far I know what to do, but I'm always getting several issues after install.

I already tried legacy, Uefi and so on, but it doesn't work as it should.

- For install I use a keyboard and attached display to the system.
- after install I disconnect everything and connect only my network and power and it doesn't work.

What happens:
- it runs into secure boot (can change to legacy, than it doesn't do that)
- it stops using my Bios settings (Power on after power loss)
- it stops booting when on legacy (several beeps)

What could be the point?

What's the best/right way to install Proxmox on that System?

Hope to get some help.

Thx.

Thanks for your feedback.

I think it could be the battery of the mainboard. Just have seen, that every power off and on my time was set to something like early 2000s... Maybe that could be the case.

Will buy a new machine.

I think it could be the battery of the mainboard. Just have seen, that every power off and on my time was set to something like early 2000s... Maybe that could be the case.

Will buy a new machine.
Replacing the battery will come way cheaper. ;) Its usually just a CR2032 cell you get everywhere for just a few cents.
And PVE doesn't support secure boot yet. So you need to either use legacy mode or disable secure boot. And yes, dead battery hat always resets the BIOS/UEFI to defaults could be the problem.

Replacing the battery will come way cheaper. ;)
I know. But the Zotac is a quite old machine and not that easy to replace the battery.

Just bought a new Minisforum UM350.

Now I have to find the right BIOS settings to install Proxmox on it (when it will arrive).

So what's the best setting to choose within BIOS to install Proxmox on it?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!