Zimbra External Accounts

sheshman

Jan 16, 2023
Hi,

I'm using pmg 7.2-1 with my zimbra server, A & MX records are pointed to my server and don't have any problem with main domain, the problem is external accounts, external pop accounts defined for some users and when they receive or send mails from those external accounts it's not filtering by pmg, , i know mail gateways not applicable for external accounts and this is the correct behaviour but i was wondering is there any workarround to filter incoming & outgoing messages with pmg?

Not sure if I understand the question 100% correctly - so if this is not what you mean - please explain some more and provide examples (logfiles/screenshots)...

You can configure POP/IMAP accounts in PMG (GUI->Configuration->User Management->Fetchmail) - this mail will be fetched regularly and processed by PMG - see also:
https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#_user_management

I hope this helps!

Reactions: sheshman
Not sure if I understand the question 100% correctly - so if this is not what you mean - please explain some more and provide examples (logfiles/screenshots)...

You can configure POP/IMAP accounts in PMG (GUI->Configuration->User Management->Fetchmail) - this mail will be fetched regularly and processed by PMG - see also:
https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#_user_management

I hope this helps!
Sorry for short information, let me explain;

I've two domains;

1-mydomain.com : A & MX records are pointed to my Zimbra server directly incoming & outgoing mails are handling by my Zimbra server

2-mydomain.net : It runs on a hosting company's server incoming & outgoing emails are handling by hosting's server, all mydomain.com users also have identical mydomain.net acccounts like info@mydomain.com also have info@mydomain.net.
mydomain.net accounts configured as external pop account in zimbra so zimbra connecting to hosting's server downloading mails and delivering to users, also /opt/conf/zimbra/relay_pass & /opt/conf/zimbra/relayhost_map configured for relaying mydomain.net through hosting's mail server.

mydomain.com incoming & outgoing filtering by pmg, but mydomain.net works on hosting and zimbra just fetching and relaying that's why pmg not be able to filter mydomain.net, your suggestion (fetch mail) will solve my external incoming problem.

Is there anything that we can do for relaying mails for mydomain.net ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!