zfs display problem ?bug? - Proxmox 6.1-5

vinet

Jan 5, 2020
1578253178503.png

1578253197987.png

1578253255649.png
1578253333270.png

Hi,
have someone a idea why my zfs pool is not listet corectly. Maybe i should try an older version of Proxmox.

What is the output of
zfs list -o name,used,avail,refer,volsize,origin,type,refquota zraid1 -r -t all
?

today i testet the ZFS Filre System with the older version of Proxmox. The same Problem was also there to see.

1578526011064.png

Thanks for the output.

There are some things to clarify :) VM disks on a ZFS storage do not show up in the file system. They are so-called ZVOLs, volumes which provide a block device instead of a file system.
Your pool is set to be non-thin, which is good because you cannot accidentally overprovision it and run into a situation where you don't have enough space anymore, so the one VM disk is reserving the configured size, thus making the pool appear to be used to what it is.

df does not see the ZVOL which is the VMs disk and therefore can only show what ZFS reports back for the file system provided at the mountpoint of the pool, the remaining ~280GB.

I hope this clarifies the situation a bit.

One last recommendation I have to give you: ZFS is a copy on write system, this means in order to function it needs free space available. The rule of thumb is to not use more than 80% if possible, once the usage is at 90% one should really think to expand it in size.

May I ask what kind of VM you are running that needs a single ~24TB disk?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!