ZFS device fault for pool nvme

corianito

Jul 20, 2019
Hello! Today I received an email saying this:

ZFS has detected that a device was removed.

impact: Fault tolerance of the pool may be compromised.eid: 405class: statechangestate: REMOVEDhost: sevilla5time: 2024-06-16 10:36:53+0200vpath: /dev/disk/by-id/nvme-HUSMR7676BDP3Y1_SDM00001F934-part1vphys: pci-0000:84:00.0-nvme-1vguid: 0xD26E23B18BC6084Cdevid: nvme-HUSMR7676BDP3Y1_SDM00001F934-part1pool: nvme (0x996F9702537A4C86)

The data center sent me a picture of the server with all the disks with the light on but there is one that is not in use. Can something be solved from Proxmox or do I just have to change the disk? This is the first time I am facing this problem.

Did you (or someone else) kick the NVMe from the PCIe bus? Was a VM started with PCI(e) passthrough of a devices in the same IOMMU group? Was the driver unloaded? It really depends on why the NVMe devices is gone missing. I think most of those can be checked by a reboot (and not starting VMs with PCI(e) passthrough automatically).
Maybe you could look a the system log to find out if there were errors or other clues on why the device was removed.

Hello!

Really, nobody did anything, everything happened for no apparent reason, I was sleeping hahaha

Simply the NVME 1/3 disappeared. Can you give me a hint of commands that could help me see the problem?

Greetings and thank you very much for bothering to respond.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!