Yet another ZFS Over iSCSI issue.

ColoredBytes

Dec 20, 2023
Michigan, USA
rossjm.dev
Hello All,

I'm a little stuck on getting this to work. I'm using the freenas-api setup to connect the two. I have a connection it reads the space allotted for it. But when trying to deploy anything to it.

I get this error

Code:
create full clone of drive scsi0 (SR-ZFS:vm-200-disk-0)
Warning: volblocksize (4096) is less than the default minimum block size (16384).
To reduce wasted space a volblocksize of 16384 is recommended.
cannot create 'tank/promos-zfs-storage/vm-200-disk-0': parent is not a filesystem
TASK ERROR: storage migration failed: command '/usr/bin/ssh -o 'BatchMode=yes' -i /etc/pve/priv/zfs/10.42.81.125_id_rsa root@10.42.81.125 zfs create -s -b 4k -V 104857600k tank/promos-zfs-storage/vm-200-disk-0' failed: exit code 1

Some Clarification the store is a zvol that i made on truenas scale. as stated before it shows the connection and gives me the option to deploy. But i get that error feel like im missing a crucial step or this api does not work as it used to. Any help is appreciated.

While I am not a ZFS/iSCSI expert, I think providing your storage configuration as well as ZFS structure from TrueNAS will be helpful to those who are.

Additionally, since you are using a 3rd party plugin, reaching out to that party is a prudent step. Things may have changed either on backend (truenas) or frontend (pve) enough to render the plugin less usable than desired.

Good luck

Blockbridge: Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

While I am not a ZFS/iSCSI expert, I think providing your storage configuration as well as ZFS structure from TrueNAS will be helpful to those who are.

Additionally, since you are using a 3rd party plugin, reaching out to that party is a prudent step. Things may have changed either on backend (truenas) or frontend (pve) enough to render the plugin less usable than desired.

Good luck

Blockbridge: Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox
Thanks for the reply. I just thought about that as I got the response.
Code:
# Portals
3    0.0.0.0:3260    Proxmox    NONE

# initiators
1    Allow all initiators    iscsi-cluser-share   
5    Allow all initiators    proxmox-zfs-storage

# Targets
proxmox-zfs-storage

Associated Targets & Extents are blank per the documentation.

That is for the Config of the share
the block device itself is just a a zvol on the root of the dataset as i was also having issues when it was behind the proxmox folder.

Hope this helps a little more.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!