[SOLVED] Windows 11 VM -> high utilisation due to OpenJDK

Ronny1978

Mar 13, 2023
Hello everyone,

I need your help. I have a Windows 11 VM on Proxmox 8.2.4, which was and is theoretically running great. Yesterday I performed a Windows update in the VM and today I upgraded ecoDMS to version 24.01. Afterwards I noticed that the OpenJDK Platform Binaries application in the VM is causing high utilisation. The continuous utilisation of the Windows 11 VM is consistently at 25-28% on Proxmox, whereby the OpenJDK causes a load of 25-28% in the VM according to the task manager -> see image

View attachment 71985

Does anyone have a similar problem and possibly (already) a solution? I updated the VirtIO drivers today. But this did not bring any improvement.

Proxmox 8.2.4
Kernel 6.8.8.3
Windows 11 VM (16GB RAM / 4 cores)
Windows 11 version 23H2
Settings in Proxmox for the Windows 11 VM
Display VirtIO GPU
Machine q35 Version 9.0

Thank you very much in advance for your help and have a wonderful Sunday ;)

Ronny

Update: The utilisation comes from the java.exe in the ecoDMS Server folder.
Update 2: I have reset the VM via backup and.... it is ‘quiet’ again. CPU at 2-7% instead of 25%. So the error is definitely with ecoDMS and not Proxmox. I'll wait for the information from support to see if there is a general bug here or if it is a ‘failed’ update.

Thanks anyway, even if I was able to solve it myself ;)

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!