Why my Guest VM always shutdown every an hour?

mjb

Aug 27, 2024
Good day,

I am new in Proxmox, can you please help me on my production windows server 2019 VM hosted at Proxmox 8.2.2. It always shutdown every hour. And our productivity interrupted. Can you help me how to fix this? Please see attached file for the error log thank you so much more power.

Thank you

Attachments

• proxmox shutdown error.png
    proxmox shutdown error.png
    700.2 KB · Views: 14
Hi,

May you provide us more entries before the Windows VM stopped?

I would also check the log in the Windows VM itself!

Check your Windows server license - i would guess it is expired and Windows shuts itself down - nothing to do with Proxmox in this case.

Hi,

May you provide us more entries before the Windows VM stopped?

I would also check the log in the Windows VM itself!
Thank you so much, I'm very new in this field. I've checked the HOST logs and the VM logs. And i found out the Win Svr 2019 licensed expired. And we purchased a licensed and it works.

Thank you appreciate much. Case solved.

Reactions: Moayad

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!