Whitelisted domain but still (rule: Quarantine/Mark Spam (Level 3))

petern2004

Nov 22, 2023
Hi all,

We had already whitelisted a domain under "Configuration, Mail Proxy, Whitelist" (Doamin, Sender)

When PMG when the email from the whitelisted domain, it still quarantine the email and show that: "(rule: Quarantine/Mark Spam (Level 3))".

What is the problem? What is the correct way to whitelist an entire email domain into PMG 8.1.2. but can bypass (rule: Quarantine/Mark Spam (Level 3)) ?

Please help!

Many thanks!

Hi Petern2004,

Use "Mail Filter > Who Objects > Whitelist"
After adding domain on that list please make sure Mail Filter rule for Whitelist is active and use that Who Object as well.

Hi ikrsdo,

Thank you very much! I use below steps to whitelist a domain:

Mail Filter, Who Objects, Whitelist
(Click) "Add", "Domain"
(Input) Domain: example.com
(Click) OK

And pls have a look about Whitelist on Mail Filter rule:

Is my setting correct?

Thanks!

Attachments

• MailFilter.png
    MailFilter.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 15
Many thanks for your help!

If settings are correct, why whitelisted domain email will be marked as spam and quarantine?

Tracking Center said that: "(rule: Quarantine/Mark Spam (Level 3))".

Thanks!

Your whitelist prio is 85. Your modify header prio is higher (90), that's the reason.
Give your whitelist a prio of 91 or 92 and you're good.

Last edited:
Since I cannot see your other settings on PMG and the list of domains/addresses under "Whitelist", I cannot say anything clearly, but with the latest settings, the messages coming from the addresses you have added to your Whitelist should not be quarantined.

I have a setup like this, and it works without issue. I am happy with that rule set.
1720684176927.png

BTW, maybe the Envelope Address / Domain and From Address / domain is different.

For example, messages sent through Proxmox's own forum system began being quarantined this morning. The reason for quarantine is not very important. But as you can see, the envelope address is forum-bounces@proxmox.com (on the Tracking Center) but the From address is forum@proxmox.com (on the Spam Quarantine)

If I had added forum@proxmox.com to the Whitelist based on the address in Quarantine, it would still be quarantined. So I have to whitelist forum-bounces@proxmox.com :)

1720684595524.png

1720684606690.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!