Where in GUI to edit /etc/network/interfaces

Jan 19, 2021
Section 3.3 of pve-admin-guide says:

Network configuration can be done either via the GUI, or by manually editing the file /etc/network/interfaces, which contains the whole network configuration.

I can't find it in the GUI.

I'm new to Proxmox, I have Proxmox 6.3-3 VE installed. I believe I've clicked every possibility, but I just don't see it. I'm assuming it would be a setting at the node level. But I've also checked Datacenter and VM settings.

Thanks for answering a primitive question asked by a noob.

@HR0, thanks. Having been familiar with the key - value (ish) text format of /etc/network/interfaces my brain had a hard time mapping it to the tabular format of the GUI. I had been to Server Node -> System -> Network several times and somehow missed that it was indeed the GUI for /etc/network/interfaces.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!