Where do I enable the new OpenVZ images? Or trigger a list update?

zaephor

Oct 1, 2012
I've been using Proxmox for over a year now, resources finally allowed me to update my systems from 1.9 to the latest 2.1. I've never gotten around to experimenting with OpenVZ based images because everything I do currently requires Ubuntu, and is meant to be in the latest version. Now that I've got my units all up and running and reclustered, I decided I would go check out if you guys finally updated your OpenVZ templates so I don't have to manually download some file and reupload it.

So this leads me to a couple questions, why does Proxmox(1.9-2.1) only show 8 templates with the latest Ubuntu/10.04-4,Debian/6.0-4,CentOS/5.6-1,Fedora/14-1? When your web server shows you guys are completely uptodate(as of now) hosting Ubuntu/12.04-1,Debian/7.0-1,CentOS/6.3-1,Fedora(Bad example, OpenVZ.org has Fedora 17, I only saw upto 14 on your servers)?
http://download.proxmox.com/appliances/system/

I'm guessing no one has recompiled the http://download.proxmox.com/appliances/aplinfo.dat file in a while(or at least since May 2011)?
Wouldn't it be easier to just link this feature straight to the OpenVZ.org servers? Or add the ability for users to add/remove their own OpenVZ template servers like you would in /etc/apt/sources.list? While I don't mean to sound like a pain, this seems a bit embarrassing since you guys boast supporting multiple VMGuest types and even the ability to download templates directly without all the hassle, but don't have much of a collection or have failed to keep your files updated.

Otherwise, aside having to work around minor issues like this I'm thankful for the simplicity of your software suite and plan to continue using it within our private development environment. It is a great product that has alot of potential to become a stronger contender in the virtualization world if more of the minor setbacks(like this, or the large collection of still command-line-based functions) were corrected or improved.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!