Where are the TPM Conf files?

alegre

Aug 23, 2022
Good morning,

I'm looking for the TPM conf files so I can view the text in there and verify if it's been configured correctly, can someone please provide me the location as I can't seem to find them.

Thanks
Alex

which tpm config are you talking about?

Good morning dominik,

So I've got my Virtual machines and they have a virtual TPM attached, I saw on a previous thread that someone opened up the TPM disk associated with the vTPM and you could see the configuration within it. It was a TPM.Conf file which I assume sits on the disk.

My issue is for some reason, Microsoft Autopilot is having difficulties defining what machine is what. I imported the hash from two machines and when I built the VM, it built to the incorrect Autopilot object. As such I want to open up the TPM disk and view the configuration within it to see what's going on.

So, serial number VM11111 got imported, as did VM11112, I then built VM11111 and it built as if it was VM11112 and even associated the incorrect MDM object with it.... I can't figure out why so I wanted to check the TPM module to make sure that hadn't been misconfigured or something.

Thanks
Alex

ok you can get the path to the tpmstate with the volid of config of the vm and 'pvesm path <volid>', but i don't know how to extract the config from that, and checking the swtpm manpage does also not really mention how to show that content...
which thread did you mean?

Reactions: alegre
I tried to look for it but I can't find it.

I'm guessing no one else has had this issue where machines on proxmox build to the incorrect Autopilot device? I even verified the hashes were different and the serial numbers were correct.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!