when the service pve-cluster is stopped deletes all files in /etc/pve

kalisteel

Aug 28, 2024
Hello! I am new to proxmox
I tried to split the cluster into two different clusters, didn't work and I used the "pvecm add IP --force" command
After that I seem to have deleted the configuration (or restored the backup) and all the machines in the cluster are gone, they work, but the configuration files are gone from the ./qemu-server folder.
when I try to add it, it says insufficient permissions and I noticed that when I stop pve-cluster.service, all files in the /pve folder are deleted.
On other nodes I have access to change files and they do not disappear from the folder.
Is it possible to make it so that nothing is deleted or is it pointless and better to create the cluster again?

/etc/pve is not your usual filesystem, but FUSE filesystem based on a SQLite file at /var/lib/pve-cluster/config.db. The database gets synched via Corosync between all your clusters, and thus stopping the cluster service 'removes' the filesystem. See here:

https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-pmxcfs.html

Reactions: UdoB

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!