When I select Console on top to open a separate window browser tries to save .vv file

logui

Feb 22, 2024
I have a Debian 12 VM, mostly with defaults, in order to get better resolution I have selected Display = SPICE, with Display = default it was blurry, but now when I try to open a separate console window (noVNC or SPICE), by pressing the top Console button (the one on the left works fine, but I can't move it to a separate monitor as a separate window), it always tries to save a .vv file instead of opening the separate windows as it was working before with Display = default.

I have tried with Safari and Firefox, same behavior, is there a way to fix this without having to go back to Display = default? Thanks

Install a SPICE client like remote-viewer (or virt-viewer) to open the .vv file with (automatically). Or select noVNC or change the default console choice somewhere in the web GUI.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!