When FREEMAIL_FORGED_REPLYTO add Reply-To address notice in the message subject

poetry

May 28, 2020
Hello,

I would like to configure proxmox to add Reply-To address in the subject of the message if FREEMAIL_FORGED_REPLYTO or HEADER_FROM_DIFFERENT_DOMAINS is detected.

I don't know if proxmox has access to this information when receiving emails. If this is not possible I would just like to add a notice without Reply-To address if FREEMAIL_FORGED_REPLYTO or HEADER_FROM_DIFFERENT_DOMAINS is detected.

EDIT:
Additional requirement if what is noted above is not possible is it possible to add from address to subject when FREEMAIL_FORGED_REPLYTO or HEADER_FROM_DIFFERENT_DOMAINS is detected?

Thank you!

Last edited:
The rule system does not have access to individual SpamAssassin hits (would complicate the creation of rules quite a bit for most users) - only to the Spam Level (score as integer)

So this will not work within the rule system.

Maybe you can configure spamassassin to modify the mail accordingly (have not tried that - so no promise it will work)
You can add custom SA config as described in the reference documentation:
https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#_custom_spamassassin_configuration

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!