What to watch for with P2V conversion

tyler72us

Sep 19, 2024
Hi,

I have an HP z820 with Linux ubuntu and I want to convert it to proxmox so I run separate instances, and better utilize the capacity. I'm going to be following the clonezilla method found here:https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Advanced_Migration_Techniques_to_Proxmox_VE.

So here is my question, when I redploy my OS as a virtual machine, are there any potential obstacles I should watch for since the OS wont be given 100 of the machines resources again. I had an issue where I tried to clone a drive, but then the drive ID's were wrong and it wouldn't boot. When I tried to fix it thought the CLI, I some how corrupted the copy and had to wipe the whole thing. So worried about issues like that, or any issue with reducing the memory, storage, or cpu core count.

HP z820
2 - 32x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2667 v2 @ 3.30GHz
256GB RAM
1TB SSD

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!