What is the disk doing?

Walery

Feb 11, 2021
Hello. Help me figure out what the disk is full of? My virtual machines and backups are stored on different disks.

ssd.jpg

Attachments

• lvmThin.jpg
    lvmThin.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 8
That's just that your lvm storage pool is nearly full allocated into 3 volumes root, swap and data, see
lsblk, pvs, lvs, lvdisplay. As you have no vm/lxc in data yet the usage of data is 0% acoording to your second picture.

That's just that your lvm storage pool is nearly full allocated into 3 volumes root, swap and data, see
lsblk, pvs, lvs, lvdisplay. As you have no vm/lxc in data yet the usage of data is 0% acoording to your second picture.
I don't quite understand. Proxmox is installed on a 500 Gb disk. For VM, a 500 Gb disk is used (d1 storage), for storing iso, a 2 Tb disk is used (T1 storage), for backups, a 2 Tb disk is used (backup storage). What exactly takes up space in LVM?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 1
  • backup.jpg
    backup.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1
  • d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 1
  • local.jpg
    local.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1
  • local_lvm.jpg
    local_lvm.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1
  • t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1
The space "97% assigned to LVM" is not really used as think about it's just another level as like partitioned and is just confusing. Your systemdisk has 3 partitions, Bios+EFI+LVM. The LVM partition again is say partitoned again into Swap+root+LVM-thin(called data) until up just 3% reserve which shows you "97% assigned", see "lvs" and "lvdisplay" output. If you don't have a vm sitting in the "lvm-thin data" then it's still empty but is defined there, eg. lines from lvdisplay to vol data:
Allocated pool data 0.00%
Allocated metadata 1.59%

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!