Webauth setup for cluster

nicobos

Aug 8, 2024
Hi everyone,

I am setting up a Proxmox 8 cluster with nodes a.example.com, b.example.com and c.example.com
As per documentation all nodes have a valid trusted Letsencrypt certificate.
Next I would like to setup Webauth MFA but, as I understood, there are caveats when used in a cluster.
As I understood, situations can arise where WebAuth will work on one node of the cluster, but not on the others.

I came across this thread stating the leaving the Origin field in Datacenter --> Options --> WebAuth Settings blank should do the trick.
In my situation, after clicking the 'Auto-fill' button the 'name' and 'ID' field are propagated with the fully qualified hostname of my node A. For instance a.example.com.

Will these settings result in a situation that Webauth works on a.example.com, b.example.com and c.example.com? Or do I need that other steps to get this result?

Nico

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!