web gui not accessible after pvemanagerlib.js modification

If you modify a file (of which you had not made a backup) and break your install, you can always reinstall the package.

Find out which package it was part of, e.g.:

dpkg -S /usr/share/perl5/PVE/API2/Nodes.pm tells you it's pve-manager (and so is pvemanagerlib.js)

Then just: apt install --reinstall pve-manager

Same for any files, but I recommend making .bak copies - just copy it back and restart service (or reboot). Be aware any of these changes will not survive updates of the packages from the vendor, so you are better off with having patches (this is why my "tutorial" was done that way - that and also less chance of typos ;)).

EDIT: For anything .js, you may need to clear your browser cache as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: UdoB and gianry
thanks a lot again !! , now I don't see that message too ;)

could you verify the tutorial I linked before ? I think 'I've made the right modification

Last edited:
thanks a lot again !! , now I don't see that message too ;)

could you verify the tutorial I linked before ? I think 'I've made the right modification

Note: I am definitely not going to vouch for any of the third parties, but the Perl part looks innocuous.

That said, especially with regex's that's really prone to typos, let alone checking it after someone. But I spotted this comment in your linked thread that made more sense and it seems another commenter there have their own GH repo with the JSON variant: https://www.reddit.com/r/homelab/comments/rhq56e/comment/ja1tr7a/

But again, if I were you, I would only be doing any of these if I knew what I was doing, i.e. copying someone's code is okay if you can read it. If it is too obscure, they are doing it wrong (unless it's Perl, but that's another story :D).

PS: If you want to debug these things, you need to start checking logs when things break. Also make these changes over actual SSH without the use of GUI, learn to clear your browser cache often.

Last edited:
do you think the Json variant is safe ? -i see only two cpu values. is it possible to add up to 8 cores and nvme temp ?

do you think the Json variant is safe ? -i see only two cpu values. is it possible to add up to 8 cores and nvme temp ?

It is simply parsing the sensors output, it is definitely less obscure than doing regular expressions (on an output that can change, so it will survive changes to lmsensors too) and if you want to do this I encourage you to go and try and see what breaks (literally, check the errors in the console), try to fix it and then post it here for assistance. :)

And create your own patches as you will need them to reapply (adjust) every time PVE team changes their code.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!