Wearout 99%

Is this your boot drive and are you using ZFS?
It's my boot drive, no vm's running on it or anything, just proxmox, I may have answered my own question

WDS500G2B0B Does not seem to be in the database, from what I can tell, and perhaps it's getting an incorrect "media wearout idicator"?

For some SSD models the wearout counts down from 100% health to 0% health and for some other it counts up from 0% wear to 100% wear.
PVE can't always know what case it is because SMART attriutes aren't standardized and every model is doing its own thing. So might be possible that your 99% wearout is in reality 1% wearout and I would guess that, if the other attributes are valid, because in that case your SSD only wrote 442 GB.

Last edited:
Reactions: ejkeebler
For some SSD models the wearout counts down from 100% healthy to 0% healthy and for some other it counts up from 0% wear to 100% wear.
PVE can't always know what case it is because SMART attriutes aren't standardized and every model is doing its own thing. So might be possible that your 99% wearout is in reality 1% wearout and I would guess that, if the other attributes are valid, because in that case your SSD only wrote 442 GB.
I hope that's it, I'm not terribly worried as it's been like that for months, i'll just keep an eye out and see if anything starts changing. Thanks again!

Reactions: Lanhydrock

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!