Wake On Lan Doesn't work in any way RTL8125B m2 key -- Proxmox

nozle

Sep 8, 2024
Hello,

I have two servers with proxmox (cluster)

1) Lenovo M90Q Gen 3

2) Lenovo M90Q Gen 1

I added a 2.5G M2 KEY RTL8125B 2.5G card to them

I try to enable Wake On Lan (it is activated by default in the bios for the internal ethernet and pcie card from what I could see, in the following image:

unnamed-2.jpg

But I can't get it to work, when I turn off either of the two servers, it will never reactivate by sending a magic packet, and the network card does not have any LEDs on when it is off.

Any solution to this? I don't know what else I should configure or test.

Thanks in advance.

This has to be related to the power saving options of those machines: the motherboard has to keep the m.2 slot with power so the nic has link and is able to receive the WOL magic packet. No idea which might be the setting in those machines, sorry.

Reactions: nozle

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!