vzdump backup problem with specific container.

alchemy24

Jul 17, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have an issue with one of my containers.

I try to do a backup on a PBS server which is hosted at Tuxis but that one will not backup.

I can do it on a NAS on my LAN,
I can backup any of my other VM or LXC to the Tuxis PBS server.

Any suggestions about what might be the problem?

the path in the error do not exists on my proxmox server, but I don't know why it is looking for it. And I assume if it a configuration somewhere in the backup process that it would be required for any another VM ?

thank you

```
Code:
126: 2023-06-13 21:00:03 INFO: Error: unable to read "/mnt/datastore/backup001/DBxxxx/a24PBSCloud/ct/126/owner" - No such file or directory (os error 2)
126: 2023-06-13 21:00:03 INFO: cleanup temporary 'vzdump' snapshot
126: 2023-06-13 21:00:05 ERROR: Backup of VM 126 failed - command '/usr/bin/proxmox-backup-client backup '--crypt-mode=encrypt' '--keyfd=11' pct.conf:/var/tmp/vzdumptmp3965092_126/etc/vzdump/pct.conf root.pxar:/mnt/vzsnap0 --include-dev /mnt/vzsnap0/./ --skip-lost-and-found '--exclude=/tmp/?*' '--exclude=/var/tmp/?*' '--exclude=/var/run/?*.pid' --backup-type ct --backup-id 126 --backup-time 1686704401 --repository DBxxxx@pbs@pbs001.tuxis.nl:DBxxxx_a24PBSCloud' failed: exit code 255
```

the path in the error do not exists on my proxmox server, but I don't know why it is looking for it.
Since I don't know the Tuxis products in detail, can you access the PBS via SSH? If not, have you contacted support? Is there possibly maintenance work or a malfunction?

Maybe @tuxis can help directly here.

oh that path would be on the PBS. It make sense.

I don't have ssh access to it.

I had that error since I started using their products so not a maintenance.

I contacted them at the time and their service looked fine but maybe I did not send that log.

I will wait a little bit to see if @tuxis replies here and contact them if they dont !

thank you

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!