Vps vhd slow response after host reboot

openaspace

Sep 16, 2019
Italy
Helloooo :)
I have a general problem with ubuntu vps's ...

When I restart the main host and all the vps starts automatically are apparently working correctly, but if i try to interact for example with an ubuntu file server vps, it is very slow to read and write a file, but after some times it start to works correctly.

I mean... the vps start after proxmox reboot, i can use the vps system without lag.. but when i interact to upload or download a file from a second raw virtual driver it is really slow the first time , after half minutes it start to works correctly and continue to works fast all times till the next reboot.

Also I see in the proxmox control panel that memory usage go up.. and only when is up it works correclty....

It's a proxmox problem?
I have the latest kernel with all updates installed.

Thank you.

It sounds like your system is simply overloaded by starting all the VMs at once after a boot. This may cause IO delay or other performance problems.

You can try to set a startup delay ("Options -> Start/Shutdown order -> Startup delay") for less important VMs, to spread out the usage.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!