VNC-Console - fr-ch keyboard issue

T

topi

Hello,

I've seen lots of threads about keyboard issue over VNC and I also read http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Central_Web-based_Management_2.0#First_steps, but for now it didn't help me.

My Proxmox and my VMs are configured with a swiss french (fr-ch) keyboard layout and it works great over SSH. The problem occurs only via the VNC-Console access : the keys are completely different from the configured layout, for example in place of # I got $, in place of ! I got + and so on. I tested a lot of different configurations (on proxmox>datacenter>options>keyboard layout and VM>hardware>keyboard layout and directely on the VMs), but I was not able to use the swiss-french layout correctly.

Now I configured "Proxmox>Datacenter>options>keyboard layout" and the "Proxmox>VM>hardware>keyboard layout" with the swiss-german (de-ch) layout which works not too bad. Indeddd, fr-ch and de-ch layouts are very similar, only few keys are inverted (ö/é ...), so it's usable but not I would say not ideal.

Do I miss something or is there still a bug with the fr-ch keyboard layout ?

To gi further :

In my experience this keyboard issue depends also of the OS installed on the VM.
On my side, with SLES 11SP2 the fr-ch keyboard is not OK, but with OpenSUSE 12.1 it works...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!