VM: TASK ERROR: activating LV 'pve/data' failed: Check of pool pve/data failed (status:1). Manual repair required!

SquirrelStun

Sep 26, 2024
Hey all. I'm very new to this. I came home from work today to find a few email alerts from my TrueNAS VM saying that the boot pool was degraded. Fearing risking more damage while I researched the issue, I shut down the node while I investigated. I opened up my Proxmox web interface and found that I was unable to even access the PVE shell. I wish I'd written down the error code, but after a reboot of the server, all was well, with that at least.

The problem now is that I'm unable to boot up any of my VMs, TrueNAS or otherwise. They all say "Error: activating LV 'pve/data' failed: Check of pool pve/data failed (status:1). Manual repair required!" in the Tasks log. There was also one error about apt-get update failing, but I never ran that command, so I don't know where that came from. I've read forum post after forum post, article after article, but I have no idea what to do. Can someone who understands what this means guide me through this?

Not entirely sure what tech specs are relevant, but....
  • Server is a Hyve Zeus V2
  • Kingston 240 GB boot drive
  • Xeon E5-2650 v2
  • 64 GBs of RAM
  • LSI SAS2008 HBA controller
  • 3x 10 TB HDDs
  • 12x 6 TB HDDs

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!