VM stop and start every 5 minutes

Skyless81

Feb 25, 2023
Hallo
hat jemand eine Idee warum mein PVE nur eine meiner VM alle 5 Minuten neu startet? Wenn ich start after boot deaktiviere in den Einstellungen, macht er es nicht mehr.

Hi
Does anyone have an idea why my PVE just restarts one of my VM every 5 minutes? When I deactivate Start After Boot in the settings, he doesn't do it anymore.

Greetings

EDIT: The VM stop and start again a few seconds later. No restart. sorry

Last edited:
This is not normal Proxmox behavior. Usually, when VMs restart every 5 minutes in a controlled way, it's because someone installed some third-party monitoring software that could not detect the VMs running and therefore restarts them. People seem to forget they installed it or then ran some script from the internet (tteck?) that installed it and they don't know that. Please search the forum a bit for all the other threads about "my VMs restart every 5 minutes".

Last edited:
Reactions: Skyless81
Are the scripts of TTECK known for it? I only used such a script for one VM, but not this.
Unfortunately, I also expressed me wrongly, there are stop/start actions, only why do you stop when I change the autostart? However, the VM does not drive down, sorry, I change it in the text

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2024-08-11 um 11.32.33.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-08-11 um 11.32.33.png
    146.3 KB · Views: 11
This looks exactly like you are running some third-party software that stops and starts a VM again and again because it cannot detect that it is already running.
Are the scripts of TTECK known for it? I only used such a script for one VM, but not this.
Yes, it's usually tteck. Please ask tteck about this. I don't know those scripts or what software it installs, so I cannot investigate this for you. Maybe someone else knows or maybe you can find it in a thread on this forum.

Reactions: Skyless81
Yes, you were right, the script was actually installed. I had apparently experimented with it a long time ago and then forgot about it. The 5 minute interval actually appeared in the ping-instances.sh. Thanks for the tip. I have now uninstalled it. Now I just have to get the VM running again because it no longer has a network connection. I also tried to install a new VM with Debian, but it crashed several times during installation.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!