VM Migration Failure

redflag_420

Sep 17, 2024
Hello, I upgraded from Proxmox 7.4 to 8.2.4. After the upgrade, when I migrate powered on VMs between servers, it won't power on/resume after the migration. Otherwise, the migration completes. I can't seem to find anything in any log that I'm aware of that'll help narrow down the issue. The VM will power on perfectly fine after the migration is complete, but I have to manually power it on. If I power off the VM first, then migration, there is no issues at all. This is what the log shows...

2024-09-17 03:17:49 migration status: completed
all 'mirror' jobs are ready
drive-efidisk0: Completing block job...
drive-efidisk0: Completed successfully.
drive-scsi0: Completing block job...
drive-scsi0: Completed successfully.
drive-efidisk0: mirror-job finished
drive-scsi0: mirror-job finished
2024-09-17 03:17:51 stopping NBD storage migration server on target.
2024-09-17 03:17:53 ERROR: tunnel replied 'ERR: resume failed - VM 119 not running' to command 'resume 119'
Logical volume "vm-119-disk-0" successfully removed.
Logical volume "vm-119-disk-1" successfully removed.
2024-09-17 03:18:23 ERROR: migration finished with problems (duration 06:36:13)
TASK ERROR: migration problems

Any idea what it could be? Any help is greatly appreciated.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!