[SOLVED] vm does not connect on remote desktope

Arthur Ferraz

Aug 4, 2022
recently i tried to change my node and got a bit in trouble , i solved everything but now i cant access my vm on remote desktop
im a bit noob here anyone can help?

You should explain what the actual error message is, what you exactly changed and so on. You didn't gave much information to work with.

You should explain what the actual error message is, what you exactly changed and so on. You didn't gave much information to work with.
i used this code to edit the node name nano /etc/hosts and then my server went off, i changed the name back and it back to work but i lost connection with the remote desktop

Still nearly no information. You didn't told us what protocol you use for remomte connection, not what OS the guest is running, not what you changed at the node to get a clue why it was working before and not now, ...

Still nearly no information. You didn't told us what protocol you use for remomte connection, not what OS the guest is running, not what you changed at the node to get a clue why it was working before and not now, ...
im using ovhcloud with proxmox and the os im running is windows server 2019

i just renamed the node and got F**** up

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!