[SOLVED] VM cannot connect Internet

mf1979

Apr 24, 2020
East side of US
Hello,

I'm very new at Proxmox and trying to migrate my home lab from ESXI/.

I installed --> pve-manager/6.1-7/13e58d5e (running kernel: 5.3.18-2-pve)

I configured NFS and other things. Only issue is my Proxmox can connect internet and update. But any VM i installed cannot.

Proxmox and VM can ping each other. I reinstalled Proxmox 3-4 times but could not find any solution.

I will make Cluster system so i added 2 NIC for each Proxmox server.

I want to do;

1. Connect internet from VM machines.
2. I want to make NAT configuration. But i am not really good for this configuration and i don't want to use Firewall or complicated configuration.

now my whole network use 10.0.1.0/24 . I want to use some VMs in my main network. But some of VM machines could be in NAT like 192.168.1.0/24 .

3. I started to convert some vmdk with qemu-img and -c option but it takes whole day. some of my VMs are around 300-400 GB. Is there any option make it more more faster like parallel processes? I want to use compress option because it will take too much space without compress.

4. Is there anyway to convert vmdk with snapshots history not different disk files? I cannot export OVF, I don't know why but It fails. So i copied vmdk files via scp

cat /etc/network/interfaces

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface ens33 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 10.0.1.182
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 10.0.1.1
bridge_ports ens33
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0

iface ens34 inet manual

Please let me know about answer.

Thank you

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!