virtual ubuntu server 12.10 as KVM

Ian

Feb 16, 2013
I have built a proxmox server on a virtual machine inside of esx just to test it. When I try and build it I get the console network error I have been googling and found out its kind of related to java openjdk instead of sun java ie a ubuntu server 10.10 will work as that had sun java I have tried a few methods of updating the Debian underneath proxmox but none of the worked

I did try an openzv container with a proxmox template and that didn't work either it eventually timed out I am assuming its the same

Any body got an answer

I have tried ie9 and chrome no difference I mean the console works as i get the buttons but cannot see the virtual machine to set it up

ok I installed java on chrome but I am still getting a network error when I try to build the ubuntu server
r pm console problem.PNG but I get a error in proxmox status
error: command 'bin/nc -l -p 5900 -w 10 -c '/usr/sbin/qm vncproxy 100 2>/dev/null" failed: exit code 2 and 1

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!