virtual machines are Not getting started in proxmox 5.4-7

jagtar singh

Jul 14, 2018
Hi,

The VMs are Not getting started in the 5.4-7 zfs. no subscription is already enabled on /etc/apt/sources.list.d

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-06-27 at 9.17.51 AM.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-27 at 9.17.51 AM.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Can you please post the error message (double click on the message)?

Can you please post the error message (double click on the message)?
I have destroyed the server & rebuilding it. Now uploading the iso.

Also, the newly constructed VMs are NOT accepting the Virtual Mac address. Its saying auto and on entering the address the next button is getting disabled. When i left auto the VMs are NOT getting connected.

Also, the newly constructed VMs are NOT accepting the Virtual Mac address. Its saying auto and on entering the address the next button is getting disabled. When i left auto the VMs are NOT getting connected.
Do you get any message (hover over with the mouse) when you enter the MAC?
What do you mean, by the VM doesn't get connected?

Do you get any message (hover over with the mouse) when you enter the MAC?
What do you mean, by the VM doesn't get connected?
I needed to destroy and rebuild one of my VM so i did but when i rebuilt it, its saying auto in Mac Address, on entering the address as i already mentioned the next button disabled. So, no option but let the Mac address be auto. So i logged in but when i did the /etc/network/interfaces/ configuration it didnt connected to net. I cross checked the configuration many times.

Finally, i destroyed the whole server and rebuild it, first vm accepted the mac address i entered but didnt started as i mentioned in first message and shared the screenshot. On building second VM it didnt allowed the mac address but auto so i let it but it again not starting. Unfortunately i didnt took screenshot of whole error message.

Now, i again destroyed the server and rebuilding it but proxmox 5.4-8 without zfs and will share the screenshots.

Last edited:
If possible please copy text/error message, instead of using screenshots. Please also post configurations, otherwise it will be really hard to help you out.

mac auto screenshot can best explain

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-06-27 at 4.45.03 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-27 at 4.45.03 PM.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 12
Don't use spaces.

As long as the MAC address is wrongly written the next button will not activate.
Code:
02:00:00:88:b4:3a

If possible please copy text/error message, instead of using screenshots. Please also post configurations, otherwise it will be really hard to help you out.
/etc/network/interfaces

sudo apt-get update

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-06-27 at 5.25.11 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-27 at 5.25.11 PM.png
    164.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2019-06-27 at 5.27.15 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-27 at 5.27.15 PM.png
    77 KB · Views: 5
What you entered is not a valid mac address.
: are missing.
Try adding : after each two characters.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!