Viability of Gigabyte R181-2A0 / dual Xeon Gold 6130 / Intel S4510 SSDs

adamwave

Oct 18, 2023
I'm working on finding an afforadable server for a Proxmox development environment, and one of the sales people I'm working with recommended the Gigabyte R181-2A0. Basic spec sheet here: https://www.gigabyte.com/Enterprise/Rack-Server/R181-2A0-rev-100#Specifications

They mentioned that it works for TrueNAS, would that mean it should work for Proxmox's ZFS as well?

Additionally, anyone with experience with dual Intel Xeon Gold 6130 for virtualization and know if it performs well?

Lastly, I was thinking of using 4+ Intel S4510 SSDs 3.8TBs in a ZFS RAID for VMs and 2 Intel S4510 960GB for the OS and ISOs - anyone have experience using those drives?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!