[SOLVED] Very new and messed with nic settings. Now, no access to my web interface.

HeliodsHat

Feb 5, 2024
I had my server set up and could access it through the web interface just fine. I was attempting to setup a PFSense firewall and somehow removed my nic, I believe. Now, my server boots fine but I cannot access it with my web interface. I am able to ping my gateway from my server. However, when I attempt to ping my server from another machine, it tells me the host is unreachable. Attached is the error I receive when attempting to access my server via the web interface. Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 4
Hey,

can you SSH into the PVE host, or access the server directly? Could you post the output of ip a and cat /etc/network/interfaces? You setup PFsense in a VM, or outside in your physical network?

Hello,

I cannot SSH into the server. However, I have access directly. I was attempting to setup PFsense in a VM and succeeded. However, messing around with the interfaces and attempting to setup all VM traffic to flow through the firewall, I messed something up. My goal here is to have a VLAN setup where all traffic goes through my firewall. This way, I can run vulnerable VMs to test with. Below is the requested info.

1724516717504.png

Thanks for the help!

The address of vmbr0 and the gateway address are identical. That does not make sense and is probably wrong...
Wow... I feel like an idiot. lol Thanks so much for the help! I changed the address to the correct one, ran "ifreload -a", and i'm back up and running. thanks again!

Reactions: UdoB

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!