version

randrzejak

Nov 16, 2019
Hi,

I'm new to proxmox to my questions may be silly but i couldn't find the solution to my problem.
I added new machine to my proxmox cluster and then to my ceph pool but during the instalation version of the ceph changed to never version. So i have in some of my OSD version 14.2.4.1 and in some 14.2.4

There is an icon next to the 14.2.4.1 that looks like restart or reload. I tried everything and the result looks like this.
What should i do with that? is difference between ceph version dangerous?
Why so many osd out? I don't have enough memmory.

Attachments

• picture.jpg
    picture.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 21
Did you update your nodes recently? If so, then you need to restart the Ceph services. Then the OSDs should be up-to-date again.

i updated and upgraded almost all of them. I alsow rebooted all of them but one. Are you saying that everything will go back to normal when i update and upgrade and reboot all of them?

A ceph versions will tell you how many Ceph services still need a restart. And after all nodes are updated and rebooted, the versions should all be updated.

Why so many osd out? I don't have enough memmory.
For those, you need to check why they aren't in the cluster. For the memory consumption, every OSD needs at least 4 GB of memory.

so if i have like 10 OSD on one machine that means the machine should have at least 40GB of RAM?

so if i have like 10 OSD on one machine that means the machine should have at least 40GB of RAM?
It should have more, 40 GB is only for the OSDs itself. Also Ceph performs better, when the nodes are even sized (disk wise).

I had the opportunity to use several machines which were basically in the trash. So every one is different. I will try to balance them up but for now i just need them to work with the amount of memmory as they have right now. Thank's for replay. I would do the update and upgrade all of them and see what will happen.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!